Important entry formality related rules for Indian tourists and other points to keep in mind while visiting Bhutan
1. Indian national must carry either Passport (with minimum 6 months validity) or Voter ID Card (EPIC). Minors may bring Birth Certificate (in English). Tourists must have their accommodation pre-booked and carry booking voucher.
2. Bhutan government provides additional requirements of documentation which may change from time to time. Before travel, you must consult our travel experts about the full details of documents required.
3. In the absence of these documents, tourists may be returned from the Phuentsholing Boarder / Paro Airport. Tripsy has no role to play in the matter of issuance of tourist permit by Bhutan government. In case of such denial of entry by the authority, no refund will be admissible.
4. Major attractions in Bhutan now charge entry fee for regional tourists. The amount may vary from 10 to as much as 500, the entry fee is not included in the package cost and will be borne by the tourists as and when required.
5. Bhutan government is making it compulsory for tourists to be accompanied by a guide. The rule is in the process of being implemented, once the rule is applied fully, there will be an additional guide charge of Rs. 2000 per day. This cost is not included in the given tariff; please discuss the status of the guide charge with our experts and if applicable, this amount will be added to the cost.
6. The official currency in Bhutan is Ngultrum (Nu) which is pegged against Indian currency (1 Re = 1 Nu). Indian currency is accepted in Bhutan; however, notes of Rs. 2000 is not accepted and notes of Rs. 500 may be used with some difficult.
7. Smoking is banned in Bhutan. Tourists are advised not to carry cigarette or smoke the same in Bhutan.
8. Phuentsholing Entry closed for Saturday, Sunday and Bhutan national holidays.
9. Route permit (beyond Paro and Thimphu, you need to have a Route Permit. We need the scanned copy of either your passport or Voter ID card to make your Route Permit in advance. Route permit will ONLY be made in Thimphu on the working days between 09.00 – 11.00 hrs.